The Intentional Leadership program is designed for middle/senior management. It intentionally combines multiple team-based training sessions with personal coaching and behavioural assessments to nurture exceptional leaders at multiple levels of your organization, and creates a clear pathway for advancement for well-prepared leaders.
This program offers 10 on-site group training sessions, 3 individual and group assessments and 3 individual one to one coaching sessions during a 12-month period. The topics build on and reinforce each other to create leadership bench strength and an ongoing leadership mindset.
During the sessions members of the leadership team will first learn about a distinct set of leadership development principles and tools and then time is devoted to practicing and implementing those skills. In this way, the leadership skills will be honed in a safe environment with a well-trained, experienced facilitators providing immediate application. Here’s what’s included:
Group Training Sessions
- A Emotional Intelligence 360 Assessment-Powerful Tool for Self-Awareness and Behavioral Change. In this session, information is shared about the tool including an overview and debrief of individual results. (1/2 day)
- Everything DiSC Work of Leaders Assessment-Understanding how vision, alignment and execution will change the way you lead (1 day)
- Leadership Challenge for creating a compelling leadership vision and inspiring others (1 day)
- Foundations of Trust: Building a High Performance Organization-Develop a deeper understanding of trust and its role in organizations- (1 day)
- Tough Conversations: High Impact Communication skills for difficult conversations-Understand the nature of difficult conversations and what it takes to handle them (1.5 day)
- 5 Behaviors of a Cohesive Team- Improving team effectiveness and productivity through the understanding and application of The Five Behaviors™ model: Trust, Conflict, Commitment, Accountability, and Results. (1 day)
- Leader as Coach for feedback and powerful coaching skills (1 day)
- Accountability at Work– Identify what to do when others don’t meet your performance expectations to increased efficiency and productivity (1 day)
- Leading Others Through Change-Understand the primary reason change efforts fail, methods for ensuring their success and be able to manage resistance to ensure an efficient transition (1 day)
- Innovation or Stagnation: Learn methods for creating a culture of creativity (1 day)
- Emotional Intelligence 360 Assessment-Powerful Tool for Self-Awareness and Behavioral Change. The participants will be evaluated with an online 360° Emotional Intelligence evaluation tool from which the applicant receives feedback on specific competencies from, managers, peers, direct reports and others. This tool is a perfect start for changing leadership behavior and provides the basis for their individual personal development plans. It’s a terrific way to receive a lot of feedback on strengths and areas of opportunity
- Everything DiSC Work of Leaders assessment for increased teamwork, behavior change and reducing communication barriers. This tool will inform participants of their DiSC style and will provide tips to enhance leadership and communication skills.
- 5 Behaviors of a Cohesive Team assessment helps participants better understand how individual personalities contribute to team development.
Monthly one-on-one personalized leadership development coaching sessions begin each participant. The coaching is designed for learning, behavioral change and growth. In the first session, we will work with the individual on an individual development plan specific to their needed growth as determined from the 360 report. In subsequent monthly coaching sessions participants will be held accountable for their actions plans and will be provided tools from the coach to support their learning and growth. These coaching one-on-one meetings are typically done via telephone or Zoom. The discussions are strictly confidential—they are meant to be a “safe place” for the leaders to learn and grow. 3 sessions per participant are included in the program. Additional monthly sessions can be purchased for an additional fee.
- 360° Assessment results and 100 page individualized report
- Everything DiSC Work of Leaders assessment results and 20 page individualized report
- 5 Behaviors of a Cohesive team results and 35 page individualized report
- Unlimited access to myeverythingdisc.com for colleague comparison reporting
- 5 books (4 of will be read-1x per quarter- in advance to deepen the learning and course discussion)
- Innovation book that details 36 different methods and interventions of innovation to support transfer of the knowledge back to the workplace.
- Crucial Conversations book
- 5 Dysfunctions of a team
- The Speed of Trust
- Leadership Challenge
- Participant workbooks for each training
- 3 ring binder with tabs to hold all workbooks into a central location
- Journal for reflections and coaching conversations
- Leadership Challenge Value cards